Whether you want to write a business book or your life story, my ghostwriting package is a viable option if you are truly motivated to write your book but simply don’t have the time or resources to write it yourself.
Review the information below and when you’re ready, contact me to schedule a complimentary 15-minute consultation and receive a custom project estimate.
GHOSTWRITING ISN'T JUST FOR CELEBRITIES
Ghostwritten books are no longer reserved for actors, athletes and politicians. Individuals such as yourself also have important stories and information worth sharing in book form…and just like celebrities, you don’t necessarily have the time or desire to actually write it yourself.
That’s where I come in as a ghostwriter. I completely write your story on your behalf from start to finish. I also help you self-publish your book, whether you wish to privately publish a limited quantity or commercially publish a large quantity.
Whatever your goals, you can sit back and relax as you receive a customized, professionally written business book or autobiography (life story).
- A series of 6-12 recorded interviews These friendly and relaxed interviews last approximately 2 hours each and can be done via your preference of telephone, video messaging or in person (travel expenses are an additional fee). The interviews are then transcribed and serve as the framework of your manuscript.
- Supplemental research To ensure accuracy, I conduct fact-checking research and when applicable, I incorporate relevant social or corporate history into the manuscript.
- A narrative manuscript that retains your voice and style. Each book that I write is different and customized to the client; I don’t use a cookie-cutter approach. I pull all of the transcripts and research together and write your unique story. You are then given ample opportunity to review, correct and approve the text before moving on to the editing stage.
- Photo/image selection and placement Photos and images are important components of your book. I help you select and place photos that enhance your story and graphics that explain your concepts.
- Professional editing I follow the same protocol that traditional publishing houses employ, which is utilizing multiple editors to ensure a polished and error-free book. I serve as the developmental editor, drawing from my twenty years of professional manuscript editing experience. In addition, I outsource the final proofreading to another qualified editor before your book goes to press.
- Professional cover design and interior layout Regardless of whether or not you plan to sell your book, you want to be proud of its appearance and eager to show it to your target audience. After all, why invest so significantly in this project, only to have the resulting book look and feel like a shoddy afterthought? No, you deserve a professional-grade interior layout and cover design. I work with several highly skilled freelance graphic artists who create amazing designs and accept special artwork requests.
- Recommendations for quality printing companies Whether you want custom features (such as a hand-sewn book, a linen or genuine leather cover, or specific paper stock) or regular self-publishing options, I can help you find the right printer or custom bindery. Note that the costs of printing and shipping books are not included in the ghostwriting package, nor is order fulfillment. These are billed directly from the selected service provider.
Considering the personal nature of a biography, trust is a critical factor when determining who to hire. You need someone with whom you feel comfortable talking, who knows how to listen, and who is responsive to your input, questions and concerns.
In addition, you need someone who will respect your privacy. Interviews should remain confidential in nature.
Respecting your privacy and attaining your trust are very important to me. I understand that they aren’t given freely; they need to be earned. I welcome the opportunity to get acquainted with you and determine if working together is a mutual fit. Schedule a complimentary 15-minute ghostwriting consultation.
Costs & Timeframe
Enlisting my services as a ghostwriter is undeniably a significant financial investment, with projects beginning at $25,000. Two different payment plans are available for your convenience and if you are a business owner writing a business book, this fee may be an approved tax-deductible expense; check with a qualified accountant in your area.
On average, it takes 6-8 months to ghostwrite and self-publish a business book (8-16 months for a life story). It’s not a weekend project. But as with anything in life, you spend time and money on the things that are most important to you.
If you value exceptional products and tailored, done-for-you services, then this package is for you.
10 Simple Hacks to Stop Stalling and Write Your Book
Free infographic and email tutorial to help you write your book.